Our long waited Nailed It episode is finally here and we have a very special guest for today – our very own Singapore MasterChef winner, Zander! And what a way to start the episode by teaching us his new secret recipe! Want to know what is it? Watch our video first!
So well, since you’ve watched the video, we guess you will be eager to try Zander’s unique Ayam Penyet Burger all by yourself yeah! Fret not for we have prepared this easy 14-step recipe to get you started. Don’t worry, you don’t need to memorize it in 15 seconds. Let’s begin…
- Coconut milk
- Coriander seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Bay leaves
- Chicken thigh (with skin on)
- Corn flour
- Rice flour
- Brioche burger buns
- Prepare & process the shallots, garlic & galangal in the food processor.
- Dry toast the coriander seeds, cumin & bay leaves.
- Add the dry toasted ingredients into the food processor & continue processing.
- Add coconut milk & water into the rempah mixture to simmer.
- Add the lemongrass to the rempah mixture.
- Add salt.
- Poach the chicken thigh in the rempah mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add an approximate amount of rempah mixture to the rice & corn flour.
- Dredge the chicken in the batter.
- Deep-fry the chicken for 3 minutes in 180 degree celsius.
- Add salt on top of the chicken once it is done.
- Toast the brioche burger buns.
- Mix the sambal & mayo together, followed by a squeeze of lime juice.
- Deep-fry the batter to get crispy batter bits.
And there you have it! Your very own Ayam Penyet Burger is ready to serve!
Hope you like it. Enjoy!
This Burger is T.H.I.C.C, it’s inspired from the classic US Smash Burgers and has a twist of local flavors infused! Using Sambal Chili as a main ingredient in the sauce, this smack-a-licious burger has a nicely fried chicken thigh that is battered up with lemon grass and many herbs that lifts up the entire taste of it. What I would say is that this dish made by Zander truly deserves the title of Master Chef Singapore!!!